I was working as a social worker back home, I would like to go further with my studies and be able to work just as before... I have a few questions, what can I do? Where shall I go? Who should I talk to? What are the preconditions? How much would it cost? Thanks, Fatu. #university
asked Oct 15, 2015 in Education by Fatu | 1,012 views
hi, in german universities there is a course advising service called Studienberatung.  Just email them with your conserns if you have your certifactes with you it would be of great help.  here I found one  https://***.ash-berlin.eu/en/study-programmes/bachelor-programmes/social-work-ba/contact/   . I wish you all the best
maybe here is some information for you https://***.hu-berlin.de/en/studies/counselling/refugees

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+4 votes
Hi Fatu, maybe the kiron university is also interesting for you?


It starts with online courses and gets you into a partner on the spot University in the 3rd year

answered Oct 15, 2015 by Nico
+3 votes
Here there's a webpage that can help ****://***.fluechtlingshilfe-castrop.de/information-for-refugees/study-in-germany/
It includes:
- Universities that offer courses for refugees as guest students/visiting students.
- Map of universities where refugees can study as guests or as students in October 2015
- General information from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees in Germany regarding legal requirements of residence for third-country nationals that want to study in Germany.
- Instructions about how to prepare and apply for studying at a German university
- Information about scholarships
- What to do If you have acquired a school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study in your home country, but which is not recognised as a higher education entrance qualification in Germany (Studienkolleg)
answered Oct 15, 2015 by Beatriz
Is there also information for Berlin?
I hope this can help:This winter semester, Humboldt-Universit├Ąt zu Berlin (HU) invites refugees to listen in on lectures or seminars as guest students. To advice refugees on all questions arising with regards to the university, the courses, registration and the guest student status, an additional consultation and information time has been arranged. The consultation is open for all refugees interested in the HU, no advance appointments required.
Drop-in hours

Between October 13th and December 15th, 2015 every Tuesday between 1 and 3 p.m. at the Student Service Center (SSC), Humboldt-Universit├Ąt zu Berlin, Unter den Linden 6, 10117 Berlin.
+1 vote
Hi, do you have a degree already? If so,you can check if it is valid here :)
answered Oct 24, 2015 by Jules
0 votes

An overview of studiying in Germany for refugees: ****://tinyurl.***/j7jj4zf

Regards, Jan
answered Jan 13, 2016 by Jan
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,210 questions
6,194 answers
139,197 users