My friend is a student in Germany, Can he apply for asylum in Germany? ( he had a valid UN card (as refugees )) he is originally Palestinian refugees in Syria .

The main question here is how he can apply since in his town there is no BAMF branch or UN branch , so should he go to the nearest BAMF branch without appointment to register for asylum seekers ?

asked 6 days ago in Asylum proceedings by Hadi3390 | 194 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Hadi3390,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

Your friend can apply for asylum, however, I recommend to discuss his case with a refugee counselling office before (the most specialised would be the so-called "Asylverfahrensberatung"/asylum procedure counselling) to elaborate the pros and cons. They may also support with the application process. My colleague Éanna was answering a very similar question here before. Please follow the link for further details.

If I am not mistaken, your friend can apply in written form if his current residence is valid for more than six months. The BAMF provides a form for this written application.

Am I right and is there anything you would like to add dear @mboen-Éanna or @mbeon-fardeen?

All the best,


answered 4 days ago by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,291 questions
6,285 answers
139,282 users