I got my residency permit under the law section 25B ABS.1 S.1. and its expiry date is 29/08/2025

I am living in Germany for the last 8 years.

I have following questions.

1) Having this card, Can I travel to my homeland (Pakistan ) for shorter period of time (may be for 60 days)

2) I have this card , tell me what would be the next steps to get the citizenship.

asked Sep 27, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by atifraheem48 | 556 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @atifraheem48,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank your for reaching out to us.

Yes, with a residence permit according to 25b of the German Residence Act you are allowed to traval to your country of origin. We discussed this topic here as well.

We also talked about how to get the citizenship with this residence permit on this platform before. Please follow this link for more details. However, the German government is currently planning to reform the citizenship law (probably making it possible to go through the naturalization process earlier/reducing the minimum amount of years people need to have stayed in Germany before applying) - so I definitely recommend to stay updated on this!

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 2, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,258 questions
6,257 answers
139,249 users