Asking on behalf of my friend. My friend's asylum is rejected and her partner's asylfolge decision is still pending. She wants to do ausbildung as an erzieherin. Can anyone suggest the best possibilities for her in this situation as she really can't obtain a passport from her embassy. She gave her birth certificate to prove her nationality.
Can she begin with the ausbildung without her passport
asked Apr 15, 2023 in Education by Ny | 153 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ny,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

I assume your friend is holding a so-called "Duldung" now? In general, starting an "Ausbildung" is possible without a passport. However, you need to have the permission from the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) as for any kind of paid job. In case your friend wants to apply for a so-called "Ausbildungsduldung" (Handbook Germany is providing very helpful general information on it in various languages here) it will be important that she proves that she did everything reasonable to clarify her identity - she should record her efforts very well.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Apr 16, 2023 by Meike
Thanks alot Meike for your response.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,133 questions
6,114 answers
139,113 users