Hello Dears ,

I would like to ask that I'm aufenthaltsgestattung Holder and I've applied for asylum before 1,5 month ! I'm syrian but I've turkish Citizinship ! I applied because of racism against of the Syrian who has turkish citizenship ! the population not accept us !

I'll marry with my girlfriend she has unlimited residency in germany also we made religious marriage and we have documet from the mosque , Can I register my marriage with the aufenthaltsgestattung ? I still haven't done the asylum court and I gave my Syrian ID and Turkish ID to the asylum officer when I apllied and my turkish passport have sent it to turkey to my family and I have no syrian Passport just ID , My family can send the passport to me for register my marraige ! I need 4 month to know my aslum case result ?

so :

1) What do you thing about My asylum case ?

2 ) Can I register my marriage with the aufenthaltsgestattung ?

3)Religious marraige document from the mosuqe of German  enough proof ?

4) if I rejected and Registrieted my marraige  can I get residency due to my wife has unlimited residency in Germany ?

5) ı have only turkish pasaport but syrian ı have no and can't take it right now , certifcate of the birth ı can only take it from the syria due to Turkish goverment will not give me certificate of the birth due to I wan not born in turkey ?

6) new rules ( 19 of the december 2022 ) of the Germany for the asylum sekeers forbidden to get marriage to who applied to asylum ?

Please Help me and thanks
asked Mar 9, 2023 in Asylum proceedings by Halil | 548 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Halil,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I am not sure if I totally understood your situation - it seems to be a bit complicated. In case I got things wrong, please don't hesitate to get back to me.

It is hardly possible to estimate someones chances to get accepted as a refugee without knowing the individual situation in detail. The only thing I can say is, that it won't be easy to convince the authorities (the BAMF) that living in Turkey (as Turkish citizen) is too dangerous - i.e. life threatening for you.

Regarding your second question: As we also discussed here, for instance, the religious (islamic) marriage is not recognised in Germany and you can not simply "register" it. You need to marry at the registry office (Standesamt) to officially register a marriage. This, however, does not necessarily depend on your status - I never heard of any new laws prohibiting a certain group to marry. In general, you can also marry during the asylum procedure. However, the procedure is quite bureaucratic and many people struggle to provide all required documents. Please see our blog on this topic for more details.

As an offical spouse of someone holding a permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis), you are able to receive a residence permit as well. Please keep in mind that you and your spouse need to prove that you are able to cover your both' costs of living without any support by the state (social money).

Do you agree with my explanations dear @mbeon-fardeen and/or is there anything you may want to add?

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Mar 12, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,198 questions
6,176 answers
139,179 users