I am from Ucraine. I have §24 in Italy. I would like to transform it to §24 in Germany. As I understood, this is not possible.

I am in Germany since beginning of 2023. What would be the best way to legally stay in Germany. Do I have to go back to Italy and apply for a Visa to search for work. Or can I do so from here? Is there another way?

I would be happy for an answer.
asked Mar 6, 2023 in Legal advice by JMD_Hannah | 185 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @JMD_Hannah ,

You can stay in Germany and apply directly here with your local foreigner's office (Ausländerbehörde) for a permit according to § 24. The requirements are only that you meet the general requirements for Ukrainians that they were resident in Ukraine before February 24th 2022.

The Federal Interior Ministry of Germany has published a document about how such cases are to be dealt with. It makes it clear for the immigration offices throughout Germany that such movements to/from Germany and other EU countries is not a problem.

This is the document (only available in German):


I recommend you make reference to this document when applying for a permit, or to mention it if someone is helping you with this.



answered Mar 6, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,256 questions
6,245 answers
139,248 users