1 view
I don't work. Study language with course by red Cross. My husband originally tunisian man. We married in December 2022.he lives in Tunisia. I have a kid from first marriage. We want stay in Germany till war in Ukraine.
asked Jan 27 in Legal advice by Vanda | 1 view

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Vanda,

There are special rules around family members of people with paragraph 24 that are different to those for peole with a different kind of refugee status.

In order for your husband to join you in Germany, there are two conditions:

1. You were living together in Ukraine until the war started

2. Your husband is himself in need of international protection

Here is the relevant legal paragraph (via online translation), section 4 is relevant for your situation:


From your description, I think it unlikely that he would fulfil the requirements for a visa to come and join you as a family member. The alternative is to **** into other visa options for him to come here (e.g. as a student, for training, job etc.).



answered Feb 6 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,785 questions
5,717 answers
138,569 users