Please help me out. My daughter 10 years old came from Ghana  in June 2022 and she was giving 6 months Duldung since her passport wasn’t ready the time we went to the Aüslanderbeholde.

My problems are: can I apply resident permit for her with the exception of a lawyer?

If yes what are the necessary procedures do l need to take?

I have a resident permit and she has been admitted in school since 6 months now.
asked Jan 31, 2023 in Legal advice by Lydia | 428 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Lydia,

You do not need a lawyer to apply for a resident permit for your daughter. You send an application for a resident permit for the purpose of family reunificiation to your local Ausländerbehörde.

You will have to submit her passport (when it is issued) and a copy of her brith certificate.

The Ausländerbehörde will want to see a document regarding the child's custody arrangements. Either you have a document showing you have sole custody or else, in the case of shared custody, you will have to show them that the other parent has given their consent that she lives with you long-term.



answered Feb 9, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,328 questions
6,332 answers
139,336 users