Dear Sir/Madam,

I come from pakistan. I came to Germany 2 years ago. I'm studying for my masters at university. I'm transgender woman and i'm granted refugee status in germany because i'm transgender and Pakistan is anti-LGBT country. I've been in a relationship for 5 years and my boyfriend lives in pakistan. We were in a secret relationship because of fear of persecution in pakistan. I want to bring my boyfriend here in Germany and marry him. How could I sponsor him? Because there is no German embassy in pakistan. There is only a German consulate and we can't reveal our relationship in pakistan because pakistan don't recognise LGBT relationships and it could cause serious harm by the society if they know this. Also we cannot prove our relation through some legal documents as LGBT relationships are illegal in pakistan. But I have all our photos from 5 years and other information proving my relationship. Please help me because I want to live a happy and peaceful life with my boyfriend. We want to marry after he comes here. He is ineligible for visitor or student visa to Germany. Please advice me how I bring my boyfriend here.

asked Sep 19, 2022 in Legal advice by Xees3013 | 92 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

There is a German embassy in Islamabad, here’s the website:


He can apply for a visa to get married in Germany. For this you will have to make an appointment to get married with your local registry office (Standesamt). I recommend you contact the Standesamt, outline your situation and request to register to marry (in German ‘Anmeldung zur Eheschließung’).

The Standesamt will generally need at least the following documents from both of you:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Certificate of ability to marry (Ehefähigkeitszeugnis)

If, due to your situation, it is not possible for you to obtain the last item, you can ask for an exemption and/or provide an affidavit regarding your ability to marry.

Your partner will have to provide additional documents to the German embassy in order to receive a visa. The embassy in Islamabad does not provide information on this but here is the list from the German embassy in Ukraine. The process and required documentation should be largely the same in all embassies:


An important element is that you will have to provide a declaration of financial obligation (Verpflichtungserklärung) for the time your partner is in Germany before getting married. He will also have to show that he is able to support himself financially after the marriage.  

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.



answered Sep 20, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
Thank you Èanna :)
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,006 questions
5,974 answers
138,967 users