1 view
Dear wefugee members,
My family reunion visa is on going and I have got three years refugee protection. I would like to know if I start working as full time would that effect in anyway my family's visa process? Would they want accomodations from me or to cover their expenses?

Or do you think it is good for me to wait for them until my family arrives and then start working? Or I can start working before my family comes?
asked Aug 23, 2022 in Work by Azimi | 1 view
Dear @Azimi, welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thanks for your question. I will link our dear experts @mbeon-Christine and @mbeon-fardeen here, maybe he can help you with an answer. All the best, Julia.

Dear @Azimi, thanks for your question. In order to give you a correct answer, we would need to know what kind of refugee protection you received and when (after receiving the decision - not the according residence permit) you submitted the visa application. if you don't want to convey personal information on a public site, you can also write me on mbeon, where you will find me under my name "München, Frau Müller". Thanks in advance. mbeon-Christine

I received flüchtlingseigenschaft protection. My family already applied for the family reunion visa.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Azimi,

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees Community.

If you have married before fleeing your country of origin and before coming to Germany and now you have got a refugee protection (Flüchtlingseigenschaft), it not a requirement for a family reunification that your living expenses and the living expenses of your spouse in Germany are ensured. That is why, in this case your work does not affect the family reunification.

However, If have married after fleeing your country of origin and after coming to Germany, it is one of the requirements for a family reunification that your living expenses and the living expenses of your spouse must be ensured in Germany. That is why, in this case your work is a must in Germany.

It is worth mentioning that if you have married before fleeing your country of origin and now you have a refugee protection, you must submit a preliminary application for a family reunification (Fristwahrende Anzeige) in your respective Foreigners' Office (Ausländerberhörde) or in the Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany (Auswärtiges Amt) within 3 months after getting your protection from BAMF.

Best wishes


answered Aug 23, 2022 by mbeon-fardeen
Dear Mr. Fardeen,
Yes I married before coming to Germany so it means if I start working it won't effect my family's reunion visa process. Thank you for your kind information appreciate it again.
You are welcome. No, it does not. You can start working.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,784 questions
5,717 answers
138,567 users