1 view
asked Aug 17, 2022 in Legal advice by Kayode | 1 view
Hello @Kayode, welcome to the Wefugees community and thanks for your question. I will link our dear expert @mbeon-Éanna here. Maybe he can have a **** at your question and get back to you shortly with an advice. Best wishes, Julia.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Kayode,

You do not provide any information about your current residency status. However, as you mention potential deportation, I am going to assume for the pruposes of this answer you do not have a residence permit.

If you also do not currently possess a Duldung, you could in theory be deported. It is therefore important you inform the Ausländerbehörde about your new circmstances. I recommend you apply for a Duldung (in writing, along with a copy of the Vaterschaft and Sorgerecht) with your local Ausländerbehörde. They should issue you with a Duldung based on your expected child.

Once your child is born, you are entitled to a residence permit according to paragraph 28 of the Residence Act (Aufenthalzsgesetz). This right is based on you having custody and access rights to the child and is dependant on your having a relationship with the child. A requirement for this residence permit is that you possess a passport or have made unsuccessful attempts to do so.



answered Aug 26, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
Thank you mr Eanna. I have Aufenthaltsgestattung
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,630 questions
5,528 answers
138,166 users