Dear Wefugees,

I am hereby asking you about this question: There is a person holding a 3 years Temporary Residence Permit in Polan through family where he has been living.

He has been holding 1 year residence permit, that has been now extended to 3 years.

The question here is, Is he able to come, stay and work with that 3 years Temporary Residence Permit from Poland, and what are the requirements and criterias one has to have or follow open arrival here in Germany.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards

Moro Yapha
asked Jul 28, 2022 in Legal advice by Moro | 249 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hi @Moro,

A temporary permit does not give this person the right to live and work in Germany. This is only possible if the person has long-term residency. In Poland this is called: Pobyt rezydenta dugoterminowego – UE.

Otherwise, the person has to make a visa application with the German Embassy according to which type of residency they wish to have.

Here there is detailed information from the German Embassy in Warsaw about the documentation needed for each type of permit:




answered Jul 29, 2022 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,246 users