Hello wefugees,
I would highly appreciate it if you provide me some insight information regarding getting an invitation letter for Fiancee to visit me here in Germany.
I am currently ineligible to invite someone to visit me in Germany, due to my salary and my current residence permit(Section 25 Abs 5) doesn't allow me to file in for family reunification visa.
Therefore my company want to send her an invitation letter on my behalf, that's means the company is prepared to issue her a sponsorship letter for the application visa purpose. They will undertake all the travel expenditures.
Now how do I go about to start the process? From where do I start?
Do I need a Verpflichtungserklärung Form from the Ausländerbehörde?
Which supporting documents will I need?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All best.
asked Jun 2 in Information & Offers by Great Man

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Great Man,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

It is nice to hear that your company is so supportive and caring - really good!

Handbook Germany published some very useful information on this topic and more precisely on the "Invitation Letter" and "Declaration of Commitment for a Visitor Visa" (Verpflichtungserklärung). Please follow the link for details. I assume that your fiancée needs a declaration of commitment as well if she can not prove sufficient income/money for the trip. I can not share any experience or knowledge regarding companies signing the commitment for private visitors. I would recommend you to contact the immigration office directly to learn about the process and the requirements. Maybe my colleagues @mbeon-Éanna or @mbeon-Christine can add some information here as well.

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 5 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,301 users