I have been approved as a refugee one month ago , now been transferred to wilnsdorf( near to siegen )

I moved to re-innovated school so i am looking for a real room

How can i fine a room here ?

If i cant find a room here , don’t i have any option to live in a home outside this small municipality?
asked Mar 21, 2022 in Home & Living by Moor | 526 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Moor

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

First of all, congratulations! I’m glad to hear that your asylum application got accepted and you can move on now. 

Regarding the so-called “Wohnsitzauflage” (obligation to live in a certain place for three years after the recognition as refugee), you may want to check what is written exactly in your “Zusatzblatt” (the additional paper attached to your residence permit). Usually it names the area in which you need to reside. If you want to live outside of the mentioned area/municipality, you can apply for a removal of the “Wohnsitzauflage” at the immigration office. If you find somewhere else, for instance, work (minimum 15 hours per week), a study or vocational training program, it shouldn’t be very difficult. 

I Hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Apr 3, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users