I am a Doctor by profession and I did my PhD from Heidelberg from 2015-2019. Then, I work as a full time scientist in Germany. I am in relationship with an asylum based person. We are in serious relationship, we want to get marry in Germany asap. We are unmarried and Non-EU. I have a Blue card and going to apply for PR (Germany) in August 2022.
asked Mar 9, 2022 in Asylum proceedings by ap12 | 367 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @ap12,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

In Germany, the marriage is in general possible with basically any residence "status" (i.e. during the asylum procedure, as recognised refugees or even with holding the temporary suspension of the deportation/"Duldung"). The actual challenge is usually to provide all the required documents for the process. Wefugees published a blog on this topic. Please follow this link for more information and a list of regularly required documents for the marriage.

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more specific or other questions.

All the best,


answered Mar 11, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,258 questions
6,258 answers
139,249 users