I am Indian passport holder, I am working in Portugal, I have PORTUGAL 2 YEARS TRC.
My Question is about Marriage
I have Poland woman, she Poland passport holder, and now she is living in germany, she have a home here also, she has make anmuldung in germany.
Now we want to marry in germany, so my question is after married with her, I can legally live here and work here or open the business here or I need visa to apply.
After married I will get permanently resident or germany issue to me temporary residency card.
If they give any card but I can be work in germany or not.
And what documents I will need it for marriage after married day I can live here legal and work here, or I will be wait here some months to work here, or after married certificate I can work here, and how long take time to marry in germany, and what benefits I will be have it.

Thanks so much

asked Feb 23, 2022 in Legal advice by gurpreetsingh1987kkr | 993 views
Please how can i contact you...  I am in a similar situation and i need advice from you. please .....

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

Dear @gurpreetsingh1987kkr,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

If you marry an EU citizen who is entitled to the "freedom of movement" according to EU law (as employee, for instance), you can apply for a residence permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states. Please see this website (here specifically for residents of Berlin) for a list of the requirements. The residency card is generally issued for five years and you are allowed to work as employee as well as to be self-employed. 

If you need more information on the documents required for the marriage procedure in Germany, you may want to read our blog on this topic. A passport, birth certificate and a certificate of no impediment are among the standard documents. The civil marriage takes place at the so-called "Standesamt" (registry office) and the waiting period for a wedding appointment varies from place to place. I recommend you to contact a Standesamt (i.e. in the municipality where your partner lives) to get further counselling and information.

EU citizens entitled to the freedom of movement/EU and their family members are able to receive social benefits and support as well, in case their income can not cover the family's costs of living.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Feb 25, 2022 by Meike
Thanks very much for Information.
But I don't this 5 years Residency Card.
If I get the married with poland woman, Example date of 1 March, then I will get the marriage certificate, and then I will get 5 years  Residency Card, this card is like permanent resident card, or it is temporary card, I have already Portugal Temporary Residency Card, in this card I can not work out side of Portugal, I need the Visa if I go out side of Portugal for work or open my own business, it is 100 % sure, after married I can work in the Europe any where or I can open the my business like super market or restaurant, or after married I will need wait for work or Business open.
What I think... marry in Germany is good but not easy as it sound because if the night-mare paper work. Thank God you got Portugal temporary Residency permit. Ask how easy to marry in Portugal or check other European countries like Denmark, ltaly maybe Iceland.  But you must have a residence permit that is free movement in all Europe. That's my contribution.
Good Luck.
Thanks for information, I have question, I can make anmuldung in Germany, if I am not working and my wife also not working?
And we can go directly to Imigration office for make anmuldung and get the work permission, some one said to me, first we need, registration the marriage in City hall, then go Imigration office for anmuldung, but my advocate said men, he will make appointment direct in Imigration office and get the anmuldung and work permission? Whats going on I am not understand
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,323 questions
6,318 answers
139,328 users