Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Hello, recently I received a new Bescheid from Sozialamt "Bescheid uber die Gewährung von Leistungen nach § 2 Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz (AsylbLG) i.V. dem Sozialgesetzbuch - Zwolftes Buch (SGB VII)". 

Where can I find an articel or website with info about my rigths and obligations that it takes to have this bescheid, things like a how much money can I have? capital or patrimonial limit, can I get a work permit? can I do an Ausbildung? etc and also I would like to know if its possible get my documents back from BAMF like my passport, drive licence, etc.

I'm in an appeal proccess since March 2020 but I didn't received yet an invitation for a hearing at the Court and I have a Aufenthaltstitel.

Please let me know if you need another data to answer me, thanks.

asked Sep 10 in Legal advice by Faga0206

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Faga0206,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

With this letter, the Sozialamt is informing you about the so-called "Analogleistungen" you will receive from now on. I think we mentioned them in one of your earlier opened threads as well. I was trying to find some further explanations on this type of allowance in English but I wasn't successful. In German, please see this brochure (from page 16 onwards), for instance. The main changes will be that you will receive financial benefits comparable to the level of German people at the Sozialamt or people receiving money from the Jobcenter. If you haven't  got it so far, you should also be entitled to hold a health insurance card now and you will have access to more comprehensive health services. As we discussed in one of your threads before, also the patrimonial limit will rise.

Regarding your work permit, please consult a counselling office. I am sure they can support you in this matter. Please check what exacatly is written on your current document. Most probably you are allowed to work/make an "Ausbildung" with the prior consent of the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). 

I assume that they will not hand out the passport before the court gave a decision. However, you can also ask them to give you a confirmation that they hold your valid document or give you a certified copy.

Would you agree or is there anything you would like to add dear @mbeon-fardeen?

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Sep 11 by Meike
3,839 questions
4,600 answers
136,098 users