Hallo. Is it possible to apply for transfer to another state? My friend is 3 months pregnant and what to live in the same state where her boyfriend/friend is. She won't be staying with him but what to live close and take turns raising the child. What procedure can she take? And she also want to give birth in the city were the friend is. She receives social help in her current city and she has Aufenthaltsgestattung.
asked Jul 26, 2021 in Home & Living by kathy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @kathy

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

Your friend will need to submit a so-called "Umverteilungsantrag" to the local immigration office (Auslänerbehörde) and explain her reasons very well, why she wants to move to another place. During the pending asylum procedure, people are usually required to stay in the city to which they were initially transferred. Maybe she can consult a aslyum counselling office to get support in explaining her situation and the advantages of moving. I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 2, 2021 by Meike
Thank you for responding.
Hallo l got an update my friend was told by aslyum counselling office to wait till the child is born and after she receives her residency permit through her German child then she can move to the city of her choice with no problems or transfer.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,301 users