Dear All,

Me and my wife got Ausbildung opportunity. We have some questions.

1. Can Husband and wife to same ausbildung at one place if Employee ok.

2. We do not have asylum interview answer. We had Dublin previously and due to Covid it was suspended. But there is common appeal going on court regarding dublin confusion and because of appeal now we have aufenthalgestatung instead previous Duldung. we are almost 2 years in germany. Will auslanderbehode approve our ausbildung.

3. Moreover I have my country ID, Birthcertificate, Marriage all. But not passport. Does Auslanderbehode required passport. Because I need to start ausbildung 15th aug as soon as possible.

4. If we start ausbildung they said monthly payment 700 euro. in total we will get 1400 euro. can we change our city to employee city from current city and will any organization help us for renting deposit.

please be kind enough to help me with above inquiry
asked Jul 26, 2021 in Education by Taniya

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Taniya,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

Regarding your first question, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed for a couple to make an "Ausbildung" at the same employer.

Regarding your question, if the Ausländerbehörde will approve your Ausbildung: This is dependent on a few factors and I would highly recommend you to contact the Ausländerbehörde (immigration office) directly. People holding an Aufenthaltsgestattung (pending asylum procedure) have a waiting period of three months before they are allowed to work. Since you are in Germany for more than 2 years, I assume that this period will be over at least. For more information please also check the official website of the Agentur für Arbeit.

As long as you are in the pending asylum procedure, the immigration office will not ask for your passport as you are also not allowed to visit your country of origin's embassy, for instance. In case your asylum application got rejected, they might ask you to organise a passport. Then, it will be important to prove them your serious intentions to obtain one.

If you want to move to another place during your pending asylum procedure, you need to submit a so-called "Umverteilungsantrag" to the immigration office. As far as I know, they will forward it to the immigration office which would be responsible for you after you moved. You will need to wait for an approval. 

During the pending asylum procedure, people are in most of the cases not entitled to receive "Berufsausbildungsbeihilfe" (BAB) - a financial support for people enrolled in an "Ausbildung". However, you may still receive "Asylbewerberleistungen" (asylum seekers allowance) from the local "Sozialamt" in case your income is not sufficient to cover the life expenses of you and your family. See also this publication (in German though) for more details.

Am I right with my explanations and/or is there anything you would like to add, dear @mbeon-Christine?

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Aug 2, 2021 by Meike
Wow amazing response. Finally we have received the approval from Ausländerbehörde.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,443 questions
5,325 answers
137,552 users