Hi! We are currently in limbo because we have Duldung now and we are asked to renew our passports. However, our country's embassy requires a residence permit in order to process the renewal of passports. We have asked help from our lawyer to tell ABH to release our new Aufenthaltserlaubnis 19d so that we can renew our passports BUT our lawyer never replied.

What do we do?
asked Jul 19, 2021 in Legal advice by someoneingermany

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @someoneingermany

I am sorry for the late reply and unfortunately I can not give you any other advice either. I hope you have contacted a migration counselling office by now? I am sorry that you find yourself in that limbo and I really hope that your lawyer (maybe being a bit pushed by the counselling office) is working on your case. 

It would be very nice to get an update in your case in fingers crossed! 

All the best, 


answered Aug 18, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,356 users