Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi, my asylum procedure was denied on march 2020, I'm still waiting for the court for my appeal process... I live with my Family (my Son and my pregnant wife in Gröditz, Sachsen and we want to request move in to Leipzig, I would like to know if its possible and how can we request that?
asked Jul 6 in Asylum proceedings by Faga0206
edited Jul 24 by Faga0206

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
You have to check your Aufenthaltsgestattung to see if you can move from one place to another. During such a process, a move might not be possible due to limits in movement. Maybe you can ask a lawyer for help!
answered Jul 8 by someoneingermany
0 votes

Dear @Faga0206

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

As @someoneingermany already mentioned, you may check what is written on your green paper from the immigration office (Aufenthaltsgestattung or Duldung). Most probably you are required to live in the same municipality. In that case, you need strong reasons to support your application for moving to another city. The application is called "Umverteilungsantrag" and you submit it to the immigration office. 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us if you want to discuss your case in more detail or if you have any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jul 9 by Meike

Ok, but for example if I got enrolled in an Ausbildung of Alltagsbegleiter/in, that is a strong reason to get an approval to move in? @someoneingermany @Meike 

And my Aufenthaltsgestattung said that I must live in this municipality.

I have the same question. If one is able to move to another state or city while securing a place in Ausbildung from other city with a limited moving Aufenthaltgestatung
3,887 questions
4,648 answers
136,196 users