Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I am a failed Ghanaian asylum seeker residing in Germany.

I do not have duldung anymore but a white paper they keep issuing every month because my deportation is in act.

I recently got married with my Italian girlfriend and  now I'd like to apply for residence permit and afterwards close my deportation case.

Anyone in a similar situation and know how to procede? Where should I go to apply for my permit?

City is Osnabrück.

asked Jun 21 in Asylum proceedings by Lina12

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Lina12,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I did not fully understand yet what kind of white paper the immigration office is issuing regularly - is it a "Grenzübertrittsbescheinigung (GüB)"?

We discussed a very similar question on this platfom before - please see this thread for more information on residence permits for EU citizens' spouses. As you are from Ghana, a so-called "safe country of origin", please have also a closer look at my colleague Alla's explanation below. 

In any case, don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 25 by Meike
3,974 questions
4,740 answers
136,365 users