Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I seek asylum in Germany 2017 and was rejected as unfounded. I voluntarily returned 2018, and now my immediate senior bro who is now married to a german is inviting me over. Will I have any issue obtaining visa. As I could recall my ban was barely 4 months and its been over 3 years since I came back. Please advice

asked Jun 20 in Legal advice by questzone

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @questzone,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any realistic option to apply for family reunification with adult (healthy) brothers. Maybe a studying (according to section 16b of the German Residence Act) or apprenticeship residence permit (section 16a) could be an option for you? 

A similar situation was discussed here - maybe you can check this answer as well.

Dear @mbeon-christine and @mbeon-Rukundo: Would you agree with my thoughts or perhaps want to add some information?

@questzone: Please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions!

All the best,


answered Jul 9 by Meike
3,783 questions
4,524 answers
135,946 users