Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Jun 19 in Legal advice by Mhmad Allan

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Mhmad Allan,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees Community.

We discussed quite similar constellations already a couple of times on this platform. Unfortunately, there is no legal right to get a residence permit as father of a child holding a residence permit in Germany. The decision to issue it will be at the discretion of the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde).

You may check "Can I get a residence permit in Germany because of my baby - the mother has a residence permit for one year" 

or Without custody of my child - Do I have a chance to get a residence permit for Germany?

for further details.

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 20 by Meike
3,783 questions
4,524 answers
135,946 users