Dear Sir/Madam
  I got my 3 years residence permit because of  my German Child and we are living together.  I spent almost  two years to complete b2 Germankurs Without working. .My question is that ,can i get permanent residents permit (niederlassung) while im doing my Umschulung (ausbildung) and also doing mini job?
I would be glad to get the feedback.
asked Jun 6, 2021 in Legal advice by opowus | 433 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @opowus,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

As mother of a German child, privileged requirements apply to you for obtaining the permanent settlement (Niederlassungserlaubnis). Please see, for instance, this website for a full list of the conditions (in this case, exemplary for residents of Berlin). One privilege is, that you can apply for the permanent settlement already after holding the residence permit according to section 28 of the German Residence Act for three years. However, the immigration office is still asking for proofs that your livelihood is secured, or at least predominantly financed by yourself  (independent of Jobcenter/social money). The respective calculations are quite complicated (examples here) and I recommend you to contact a counselling office to support you in this. 

I am afraid though, that a minijob will not be sufficient for the time being to cover the expenditures of you and your family. The immigration office also looks at the applicant's perspectives and the chances to secure the livelihood in the near future. 

Nevertheless, I am sure that you will have good chances to obtain the Niederlassungserlaubnis once you finished your Ausbildung and work as qualified employee. 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 20, 2021 by Meike
Thank you very much for your help, support and efforts.

Have a nice day and stay healthy
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,917 questions
5,887 answers
138,832 users