Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Just I got my results is negative.I am have 6 months  work visa. My Lawyer send me letter i can apply Beschäftigungsduldung. I have unlimited work contract & IHK approved equal to husblding certificate. I am working last 2 years in Germany as a electicker. Any one can suggest me can I apply 1.employment visa directly now. Or
2. I take Beschäftigungsduldung now then
3. I can apply employment visa
4. If possible before end Beschäftigungsduldung may I apply employment visa like 19D
asked May 6 in Asylum proceedings by Kodee
edited May 6 by Kodee

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Kodee,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

The mentioned "employment visa" according to section 19d of the German Residence Act is not a "visa" or residence permit as such. It is actually the "Beschäftigungsduldung" your lawyer was recommending you to apply for. For the requirements and more details, please see Melina's answer in this thread.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered May 7 by Meike
Till I am not in duldung but I work 2 years in 6 months work permit only. In this case may I eligible to apply Beschäftigungsduldung now. Without be in 12 month's duldung?
Dear @Kodee, what does 6 months work permit exactly mean? Can you give us the paragraph on which your work permit is based? Best, Meike
It's called Aufenthaltsgestattung for give me every 6 months from landratsamt. I have positive results now. But I worked only 2 years full time is it possible to apply 19D now. Because 19D needs must work 3 years
3,713 questions
4,462 answers
135,809 users