My situation is a bit unique.

So, I've been here already for a year on an Au Pair visa. I recently went to the Ausländerbehörde to get a visa for starting a Praktikum because I recieved an offer for an unpaid Praktikum in a hospital. The reason why I wanted to a Praktikum in this Area is because I would like to start an Ausbildung as a Krankenschwester. A praktikum is usually a requirement and gives a person an advantage when applying for an Ausbildung. Since it is for an unpaid Internship the Ausländerbehörde told me that I cant apply for this visa and they then told me since im an USA citizen I can have a tourist visa and do the unpaid intership this way. The case worker also told me that after my three months I could try again for the Praktikum visa, that is paid, or I could do the language learning visa. I told her I thought it wasnt allowed to work after a language learning visum. I want to do a Beruf Ausbildung, which is paid, and therefore this is work. She said that it is allowed.

Most Krakenschwester-Pflege Ausbildungs dont start till October therefore I need the Language learning visa for several months in order to stay here. I have read some information on the internet that stated that one cant convert a language learning visa to a student visa or a work visa and one has to go home first. Im really confused and worried that getting my ausbildung visa would be a problem then. Does anyone have insight on this?
closed with the note: Questions are getting closed after a year of no interaction.
asked Mar 17, 2021 in Work by annared24 | 313 views
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,136 questions
6,114 answers
139,113 users