Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi Good Evening dear community would like to ask that my residence permit is expiring this year which is 28 abs nr.3 (Familienangehöriger) and I am married with German women and I am having a 3 years old child also now i would like to ask that is it possible that i can apply for unlimited residence permit(unberfristeteaufenthaltstitle)I would be happy to hear from you guys thanks have a blessed and healthy life.
asked Mar 13 in Legal advice by Waqarvicky
Well when you are married and also have 3 years old  child why you not apply for citizenship?
How can I apply direct for Pass
You are married with german woman and also have child and it your right after 3 years you can apply for pass it better to get information from your ausländerbehörde they give your details what papers they need for as I know last 2 year when you work on full contract and also you need B1 certificate

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Waqarvicky,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again.

We discussed the requirements for receiving a permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) as spouse of a German citizen a couple of times on this platform. Please see, for instance, this thread for more information. 

Regarding the naturalization of German's spouses the ministry of interior (BMI) writes: 

Section 9 of the Nationality Act

Spouses or registered same-sex partners of German citizens are eligible for naturalization after three years of legal residence in Germany. They must have been married or in a registered partnership for at least two years at the time of application. The general requirements for naturalization also apply.

For more information, please contact the naturalization authority responsible for your place of residence.

What are the (general) requirements for becoming a naturalized German citizen?

Section 10, para. 1 of the Nationality Act

To be eligible for naturalization, a person has to have lived legally in Germany for at least eight years and possess the appropriate residence permit. Foreigners who have successfully completed an integration course are eligible for naturalization after seven years. Persons wishing to become naturalized citizens must also declare their allegiance to our constitution and have a sufficient command of the German language. Knowledge of German is an essential prerequisite for integration into our society. Candidates for naturalization must be familar with the legal system, society and living conditions in the Federal Republic of Germany (naturalization test) an be able to support themselves without recourse to social assistance, unless this is due to circumstances beyond their control; nor can they have committed any serious criminal offences. In addition, they must give up their previous citizenship. In certain cases or for certain groups of persons, however, multiple nationality may be considered.

Special rules apply to persons with special status (displaced foreigners and stateless persons), making it easier for them to become naturalized citizens.  

Your local naturalization authority will be able to tell you whether you are eligible for naturalization and how to apply.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Mar 16 by Meike
3,887 questions
4,648 answers
136,196 users