I am a recognised refugee in Germany and i want to marry a girl in Czech Republic who is on asylum. I want to know how can make her travel to Germany and get married to her.
asked Dec 30, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Adeel | 472 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Adeel,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

If your girlfriend is still in the asylum procedure in the Czech Republic, she will not be allowed to leave the country/travel for the time being. Once she is also recognized, she could visit Germany and marry here. I am not familiar with the regulations on marrying in the Czech Republic, but maybe your partner can contact the local municipality to get some information on the requirements. I am quite sure that they will ask for documents as a birth certificate, a passport and maybe also a proof of no impediment and a residence permit. 

In Germany, having a residence permit is not a requirement for the marriage. However, there is a range of documents to be provided as well. For a respective list and more details, please see our blog on this topic.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 15, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,246 users