asked Aug 18, 2020 in Other Questions by Ayyyehsa | 485 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ayyyehsa,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

When you marry someone who is holding the refugee status you will not automatically receive the same status. The only option to get acknowledged as refugee in Germany is when you individually apply for asylum at the BAMF. 

However, depending on your personal situation, you might be able to apply for a residence permit for a spouse of a foreign citizen. Please follow the link for more information on requirements and the procedure (website refers to inhabitants of Berlin though). I assume that you need to proof that you and your spouse can secure your livelihood, for instance.

I will also link two of our wonderful experts here. Dear @mbe-on_Zsigó or @mbeon-Ruth, can you give some advice or more information?

All the best,


answered Aug 21, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users