Hello guys I really need help on this issue. I was in  asylum until last year 2019 when I deserted the heim. I gave a wrong date of birth to BAMF. How can I change it to the right one? My GF is due for delivery and I will be asked to come and do the Vaterschaft. How can I rectify this problem ? Thank you
asked Dec 15, 2020 in Legal advice by Abajo123 | 670 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Dear @Abajo123

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

Your situation is indeed not easy and one important question is, why you actually gave wrong personal details to the BAMF. Depending on the reason and your current legal status in Germany, it might be better to consult a lawyer on this. Do you agree dear @alla_fka? In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Dec 18, 2020 by Meike
0 votes

Hallo Abajo123,

you must provide an identity document with a proper date of birth to the authorities if you want them to correct the date, better an original document.

The question is: if you are still in asylum procedure with BAMF or with the administrative court or your asylum procedure has been already finished. In the first case you must inform the BAMF or the court; in the second case it is enough to inform the Ausländerbehörde, because the BAMF has nothing to do with your case any more. In both cases you have to give the proof to the Ausländerbehörde in the place you live or lived before. If you want to stay because of the baby without making a new asylum, you must apply for Duldung in your Ausländerbehörde because of the baby. But you must understand that the baby doesn't give you a full guarantee to stay in Germany. 

As you must provide the identity documents for the acknowledgement of paternity (Vaterschaftsanerkennung), the Standesamt or Jugendamt can inform the Ausländerbehörde anyway.

It is a good advice from Meike to take a lawyer or at least to consult a lawyer who specialises in Aliens Law. You can also **** for a good councelling center for refugees and migrants in your area.

Good luck!

answered Dec 21, 2020 by Alla_fka
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,694 questions
5,608 answers
138,305 users