Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I want to cancel my asylum request in Italy and go back to my country.

I'd like to know what do I have to do to cancel it and get my passport back?

And whether I have to pay for the plane ticket or the social assistant pays for it?
asked Oct 23, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Ghizlan19

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ghizlan19,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

Sorry for the rather late reply. As our platform and our experts are based in Germany, we are not too familiar with Italian migration/asylum procedures. I would recommend you to get in touch with the IOM in Italy. They are managing the program for voluntary return. In Germany we also have local NGOs offering counselling services in this matter. I am sure there are similar offices in Italy. Please ask the IOM for adresses. You may follow the link for contact details and further information.

All the best,


answered Nov 27, 2020 by Meike
3,850 questions
4,616 answers
136,137 users