Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have a question am am holder of Aufenthaltstitel nach Absatz 25 ABS 1. Is it possible to Transfer to another Germany State if you have there Partner or work? Can someone plese help me ?
asked Oct 17, 2020 in Home & Living by Justice

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Justice,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

Within the first 3 years after the issuing of the residence permit the so-called “Wohnsitzauflage” might apply. After those 3 years you are free to move within Germany - especially if you are independent of social benefits. In case you are receiving money from the Jobcenter you might need to present a profound reason why you need to change your location/accommodation. However, even within the first 3 years there are options to move (for a job, education, family etc.). Please see this thread for more information.

Also don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further question.

All the best,


answered Oct 23, 2020 by Meike
3,616 questions
4,345 answers
135,525 users