Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Oct 12 in Money by Mercy waweru

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Mercy Waweru,

welcome to Wegugees and thank you for sharing your question with us.

According to the Central Office for taxes, you're entitled to receive Kindergeld if you meet one of the Following conditions:

1. You're working or receiving parents assistance (Elterngeld) or you're in the parental leave or

2. You've been living here legally for at least 15 months (with "Gestattung" "Duldung" oder a residence permit).

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München” and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards

answered Oct 14 by mbeon-Christine
3,349 questions
4,116 answers
134,937 users