I am having residence Permit 28.1.3 since my child is a German national.
I applied for naturalization after 3 years and was told to apply after six years since I have German B2 certificate.

If am holding residence permit 28.1.3 can't I naturalize after 3 years since I have a German child?
Anybody who naturalised after 3 years?
asked Oct 10, 2020 in Legal advice by Pan 123 | 282 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Pan123,

for the naturalisation you need the following requirements:

You have been living in Germany legally for at least eight years. When you have German language level certificate B 1 , then you need seven years.

As the father of a German child, there is no shorter waiting time.
If you are married to a German, the waiting time can be reduced (three years).

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You’ll find me in the mbeon-app under my location Mannheim and then my name Frau Schünemann and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor 


answered Oct 13, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,927 questions
5,902 answers
138,854 users