Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Husband used to have a well payed job. After loosing it (he quit) he left me with out son (under 3). I know I am entitled to Alimony and child support but what happens if he can’t pay.
asked Oct 1, 2020 in Legal advice by Simone

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Simone,

welcome to Wefugees and thank you for sharing your question with us.

In general, you shouldn't worry to much. Your husband is obliged to pay almony, and if he doesn't want to pay or is unable to pay, you should address to the local youth welfare office and ask for an almony advance.

To provide you with a detailed answer on the further financial and legal consequences (concerning your right of residence), I'd nevertheless need some clarification:

1. For how long have you been married and stayed in Germany?

2. Is it a mutual child, that means of you two spouses?

Thanks in advance, I'll be back to you as soon as possible.

If you don't like to discuss such private matters on a public platform, you could also contact me at mbeon.

mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards


answered Oct 1, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
4,030 questions
4,798 answers
136,502 users