Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

My boyfriend is it Italian working in Germany  and We are planning our wedding soon, so I’m a non EU student living in Germany since 2017.

My question is will my visa be transferred on my husband, if so can stop studying and look for a job and convert my visa on my job.

I hope you can help

Thank you
asked Sep 8 in Legal advice by Rania ddd

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Rania ddd,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I assume you are not holding a visa anymore but a residence permit for students? In Germany, residence permits are never getting "transferred" - you will always need to apply if you want to get another type of residence permit.

Coming back to your situation, if you are married to an EU-citizen who is entitled to the freedom of movement (when he is working in Germany, for instance), you can apply for a residency according to section 5 para. 1 of the freedom of movement/EU law. Please see this website for more information on the procedure and the requirements.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Sep 11 by Meike
3,273 questions
4,053 answers
134,804 users