Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Good day sir/ma,

I applied for asylum in 2018 and got rejected that very year  for fear of deportation i left my assigned city to a different German state with the help of a friend.. so, i have been living as illegal for over two years and i have been able to foot my bill working black.

Recently i told my story to an employer. consequently he promise to offer me a full time job if it will give me a stay here in germany.

my question is what are my chances of becoming legal with a job offer???????????????

best regard

asked Aug 12, 2020 in Work by firstbank
@firstbank I am not expert in this but from my little knowledge and experience, job don't grant stay in Deutschland. Even my guys that worked then in Germany, many have left Germany because of deportation. Except you want to do Ausbildung, that can help when you finish it

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @firstbank

Welcome back to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

I agree with @David123: a job is not granting a residence permit in Germany. As you stayed illegal now for more than 2 years, your situation is quite complicated. I would highly recommend you to get support in a migration counselling office, for instance. Those kind of services are free of charge and confidential - you don't need to worry that the social workers report you. If you are struggling in finding one in your area, please let us know as we are happy to support and to make some research. However, it will be the best to discuss your situation and your options individually with an expert. 

Nevertheless, congratulations for the job offer. Maybe it can help indeed in the future. 

Please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Aug 21, 2020 by Meike
Thanks so much for the reply , I honestly don't know any expert I should consult
I will be grateful if you can recommend to me a expert or a lawyer of some sort . because I am tired of living illegally.

Waiting for your prompt reply
Yours sincerely
Dear @firstbank, You are very welcome. You could check, for instance, this website ( which lists counselling offices for every federal state in Germany. If you struggle to find one close to your current location, you could also share your rough location with us. Then I could make some more research. All the best, Meike
3,499 questions
4,244 answers
135,223 users