I have a friend who lives in The region of Near Baden Wuttermberg,  his family and children were giving 1 year Aufenthalterlaubis while he was giving negative. After all processing with  negative he end up getting a Duldung.  He have been using the Duldung for 1 year and 1 month and today the Auslanderbehorde granted him 1 year Aufenthalterlaubis.  

Doe this system also applies to all Auslanderbehorde in Germany?

How long can a man  use Duldung and working with it when his family have the Resident permit?

My family just renewed their 3 years Aufenthalterlaubis and I have Duldung now since January and I'm working with it should I also get the permit after 1 year of Duldung used?

I have my Vaterschaft,  Soggerechts,  passport, and working contract with the Auslanderbehorde

I'm 7 years in Germany and have been working since 2 years now.

How long do I have to wait more before I get my permit though my 2 children?? We live together as family since 2013 till date.

Please clerify
asked Aug 8, 2020 in Legal advice by Gago | 1,008 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gago

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

First of all, there is no general answer to your questions as there is (as far as I know), for instance, no minimum/maximum time period of holding a Duldung before getting a respective residence permit. It will depend on the individual situation and immigration offices (Ausländerbehörden) also deal with these procedures in different ways.

 On the other hand, as long as you are holding a work permit, you can also work with your Duldung. There is no maximum period in this aspect either. 

However, the immigration office will also not issue the residence permit automatically and you need to apply for it. It could make sense to involve a lawyer also. It is certainly a good point that you are working and generating/contributing to your and your family's income as well. 

All the best, 


PS.: I saw that you opened a second thread with the same content. In order to keep information in one place and a better overview I closed that one. I hope this is okay for you.

answered Aug 23, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,326 questions
6,321 answers
139,330 users