I came to Germany in December 2016 and I was married to a German man in February who later died a year later.. I am currently having 3 years paragraph 31 which is expiring in December 2022.. I am also working so I would like to know when do I qualify to apply for a permanent resident permit?
asked Jul 12, 2020 in Legal advice by Isa2020

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Isa 2020,

Theank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

To receive  a permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) you must have held a residence title for at least five years, have paid statutory pension insurance contributions for at least 60 months, have a secure livelihood, and be well integrated.

Here you can read informations, when you are a "skilled professional":


I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You’ll find me in the mbeon-app under my location Mannheim and then my name "Frau Schünemann" and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit www.mbeon.de.
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor


answered Jul 14, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,378 questions
5,232 answers
137,350 users