Hi there,
I just got a transfer from the initial reception facility (erstaufnahmeeinrichtung) and now residing in the 2nd camp.

I have questions as follows;

1. As I am still in an Asylum procedure, do I allow to work?

2. If my relatives guarantee me and I have accommodation, can I register to another district and move there?

Thanks for your time.
asked Jun 11, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Arthur

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Arthur,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your first question: It will depend on your length of stay in Germany if you are allowed to work during the asylum procedure (please see this website for more details). 

If you want to move to another region, you will need to apply for it at the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde). The application is called „Umverteilungsantrag“. It will not be easy to get a permit and you will need to have good reasons (good work contract, family ties etc).

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 12, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,443 questions
5,325 answers
137,552 users