Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Is it possible to get my individual rented apartment with my ausbildung money? I have the status of Aufenthaltgestattung. The reason is living together with another person is creating a huge problem. The noise and the disturbance is creating tension . My mother is sick and its really impossible to live together with another person creating too much of disturbance.
asked May 26, 2020 in Home & Living by Sidra

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello again @Sidra,

thank you for sharing your situation and questions with us.

I can well imagine how difficult it is to prepare for the tests in your vocational training when you have to share your room with several persons. It's worth trying to submit an application for private residency to your district government. You'll find the forms if you google "Antrag auf Auszug aus einer Gemeinschaftsunterkunft". If there is none for your regional adminstration, you could just change the address which is printed on the document.

There are some general requirements:

1. Living in a shared accomodation facility for more then four years and/or

2. first asylum procedure terminated (that is, you've already passed the hearing at the BAMF - not hte court - and received a first decision).

There are some further conditions, independent of the two mentioned:

You can prove the unreasonableness of living in a shared accomodation

1. due to illness of you or your mother. In this case.please submit a medical clearance, too;

2. due to pregancy.

3. You give proof of secure livelihood, f.e. via your income.

The last condition often leads to rejections, so you could concentrate on the first condition and/or find a side-job the working hours of which won't collide with your apprenticeship (you're not allowed to wotk over 48 hours a week altogether and you're obliged to inform your current employer). Your income should then cover rental costs for the private room and all expenses for living.

This might be feasible for you alone, it will be more complicated for two persons, but achieveable, e.g. if your mother also takes up a job (if It's possible for her).

Nevertheless, give it a try, arguing your interest to finish your apprenticeship successfully and substantiate the application with your payrolls and a medical clearance.

Please come back to us if anything is unclear and if additional questions arise.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards,


answered May 27, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Thank you for your reply! Its total uncertain on her part to take up a job. She has become too weak. A few months ago she was discharged from the ICU.  But my father can. The problem is by the time the reply for the job comes from the Foreigners office ,the contract is cancelled. The foreigners office takes around one mo nth to give a reply. Although the reply is positive but it comes after one month. Its obvious that the employer wont wait for my father to give a reply after one month. Hopefully things get better .
3,836 questions
4,596 answers
136,093 users