I am in Germany since 2013 and i had my fast negative since 2016 and till now  i am waiting the answer from the court.  I am working as a pflegefachhelfer since 2018 in the Hospital and i manage my life without help from Landratsamt since 2016... my question is  there is any other way for me to get residence permit ? Instead of waiting the answer from the court ??
Thank you...
asked May 16, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Mwiki02

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Mwiki02

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank your for reaching out to us. 

I understand that being in the waiting position for years is really difficult and grueling and that you want certainty to build your future. However, I assume that you are still holding an "Aufenthaltsgestattung"? As authorities can not ask you to leave the country (or deport you) as long as your asylum case is not closed yet (that means holding an "Aufenthaltsgestattung"), it is kind of a safe status for now. And you have a work permit anyway, as I learned. 

Without knowing your circumstances in detail, I would for sure not recommend to take your appeal in court back. From my experience, this only makes sense in special situations and should carefully be discussed with a lawyer. 

As soon as you might receive a negative answer from the court and the authorities issue a Duldung, there are several options to consider regarding your future life in Germany. Spontaneously, I am thinking about a so-called "Ausbildungsduldung" if you decide to make a 2-3 years "Ausbildung"/TVET training, for example, in the field you are already working in. After that, there might be an opportunity to apply for a residence permit according to §18a AufenthG, for instance. There are definitely opportunities for you and I would recommend you to discuss your situation individually with a counselor or a lawyer. 

Would you agree on this or is there anything you may want to add, dear @mbeon-Bernd or @mbeon-Ruth

I hope this helps and please get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered May 25, 2020 by Meike
4,258 questions
5,071 answers
136,913 users