Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi dear wefugees team ,

I am an international student and I am willing to work for 4 months full time which will be 120 full days because I have this semester free and my courses are done except internship. So my question is would be ok if I work these 4 months full time and the rest of the year I don't work at all? Thanks
asked May 6, 2020 in Work by Jeddy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Jeddy,

thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

As a student with §16 Aufenthaltsgesetz, you can work either 120 full days or 240 half days.

In addition, you can practice part-time work at the university. (may be as a Research Assistant). If you want to work more than 120 full days, you need  a permission from the Immigration Service (Ausländerbehörde).

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor

B. Schünemann 

answered May 6, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
3,612 questions
4,343 answers
135,510 users