Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am from India, come to Europe with german student visa and have an expired resident permit and lived 11 months in Germany and moved to Hungary with another student visa and have a valid resident permit from hungary.

I am confused to apply for asylum, where I should apply and which country is responsible for it. Please let me know.
asked Apr 11, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Kind soul

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Because you have a valid residence permit in Hungary, Germany would probably reject your asylum application as inadmissible. This means that Hungary is responsible for your asylum application. However, one could then complain against such a decision and argue that it is not reasonable to go to Hungary. This could be successful, but should be looked at in individual cases.
answered Apr 12, 2020 by Juana Steberl
4,045 questions
4,813 answers
136,527 users