I am norwegian national and my boy friend is asylum seeker in Germany.I want to live with him in germany??Can he get residence permit in Germany on my behalf as i have not l8ved in germany??
asked Apr 1, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Shumaila | 654 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Shumaila,

welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question with us.

As a citizen of the EEC you have the right to come here and marry. You only have to register within one month after your arrival. This right of free movement ends after three months, unless you

  • work or do an aprrenticeship
  • can prove that you're actively looking for a job
  • can show that you have enough money to afford your livelihood and health insurance.

 If these conditions are met, your boyfriend will be given a residence permit after the wedding.

Here is a short list which documents will be required from both partners for the marriage:

  1. A valid passport
  2. An official birth certificate
  3. Proof of a minimum of 21 days of continuous residence in Germany (this can be a registration card, germ. "Meldebescheinigung "issued by the local registration office)
  4. Proof of being single (Ledigkeitsbescheinigung)
  5. Birth certificates of children (if any) the couple may have had together
  6. The required application and questionnaire from the registry, germ. "Standesamt"

One or both partners may have to provide the following depending on their particular circumstances and the requirements of the local registry office:

  • Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) (Befreiung vom Ehefähigkeitszeugnis)
  • Marriage certificates from previous marriages
  • A financial statement
 I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via Google Play Store (https://play.google.***/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon) or the App Store (https://apps.apple.***/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643).  

You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For more information please visit ***.mbeon.de.

Best regards


answered Apr 1, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,291 questions
6,285 answers
139,282 users