welcome at the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question with us.
As you already mentioned, your degree might significantly alter your options. You can apply for a residence permit for qualified individuals for the purpose of employment according to § 18 a Residence Act.
The passport must be shown if you formally apply for this kind of residence permit. There are several further prerequsites to comply with:
- The Federal Employment Agency must approve your application. I
- You must have sufficient living space.
- Your German must be at least on the B1 level
- Your livelihood must be secured mainly through your income.
- You must not have prevented your deportation by deception or lack of cooperation
- And, of course, there were no criminal offences and ties to extremist or terrorist organisations.
I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon) or the App Store
You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For more information please visit www.mbeon.de.