Hello everyone. I’m Zak. I have few questions I would like to ask. I am a Duldung holder.  I have applied for Residents  permit ( through my German child ). The Ausländerbehörde want me to get a job first before I can get my residency permit. The problem is that I want to work in Berlin ( where my child is ) not in my city. They gave me some papers from Agentur für Arbeit  for the employer to fill then they will decide if I can have the job or not. Now my question. Can I make Umverteilung to Berlin with no job or I must have a work first ? Can anyone help me with places  in  Berlin I can find a work with the papers they gave me ? ( cleaning, security or any other work. And how many months do I have to work before getting my residency permit?  Thank you for your time.


asked Mar 19, 2020 in Legal advice by Zak123

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Zak,

you have to find a job in Berlin first. You can look for jobs here: https://jobs.meinestadt.de/berlin.

I'm not sure about the nature of the residence permit you applied for. If you'll be granted a residence permit after finding a job, you don't need to apply for an Umverteilung, The residence permit won't be conditioned of fixed abode, as it is in the case ofa Duldung, because, as you described it, it will be issued to enable you to exercise your child custody.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information: www.mbeon.de.
Best regards
answered Mar 19, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Thank you very much Frau Müller. I will contact you right away on Mbeon
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,306 questions
5,151 answers
137,012 users