Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Arbeitslosengeld I

I applied for Arbeitslosengeld I and I want to know if they will support me if I start to study at the university and have just a mini job. If somebody had a similar situation and know more details about it, I would appreciate if you write me the information you got.

asked Dec 19, 2019 in Other Questions by dana.rus12

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
You can get Arbeitslosengeld I until you start studying. As a student you usually don't get unemployment benefits. The reason is that you are no longer available to the job market as a student. 

During your study at the university you can apply for Bafög and Kindergeld. The support you will get depends on your age, your stay and whether you have already studied.

answered Dec 19, 2019 by mbeon - Lea
0 votes
I went today for a free counseling appointment at Studierendenwerk Hamburg and I got more information about BAföG and I got the form from them. I will complete the form and go with it on Nagelsweg 38 and speak with Mr. Hilgert for more information. I also got some information about scholarships for internationals students, he gave me a list with links where I can look for them. He explained to me what kind of financial help I can have as options but of course they are not guaranteed. So I will start with this BAföG.
answered Dec 19, 2019 by dana.rus12
2,938 questions
3,682 answers
134,038 users