Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi everyone.. can someone is undocumented or illegal immigrants in Germany do ausbildung and then after take duldung or resident permit?
asked Dec 19, 2019 in Legal advice by Sfnghazi

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

it is naturally not possible to start an Ausbildung as an illegal person. The company or school which takes such trainee, breaks the law and makes a criminal case, with bad consequences.

To start Ausbildung you must have one of the following options 1) a visum to come to Germany for this Ausbildung from a German embassy abroad 2) a legal residence permit in Germany with which you don't need any permission 3) if you don't have a residence permit you must be officially in an asylum procedure with Aufenthaltsgestattung or you must have a Duldung - in both cases you must ask for a permission to do this Ausbildung from the Ausländerbehörde in the place where you live.

That means you must first stop to be illegal and get at least a Duldung and with it try to get an permission. The problems are the penalty for your illegality, which can lead to a ban on any occupation (Ausbildung is a kind of "Beschäftigung" or occupation) and the need to give the Ausländerbehörde some documents as a proof of your identity which is always a condition to have a permission for work and Ausbildung if you have Duldung.

If you ask for asylum, you must normally live in a camp for months and have a ban on occupation there, so the Ausbildung won't be possible in near future. If it can be possible later, depends on too many factors to analyse here.

This is a general information which is not enough to evaluate your chances. You must seek für a good councelling center for migrants or, better, consult a good lawyer specialising in alien law.
answered Dec 21, 2019 by Alla_fka
3,661 questions
4,398 answers
135,619 users